Woodward Charitable Trust, summer playschemes grants 2017
21 February 2017
The Woodward Charitable Trust's grant programme for children's summer playschemes is open for applications.
Registered charities with an annual income under £100,000 can apply for £500 to £1,000. Around 35 grants are made each year.
What can be funded?
Playschemes for children aged 5 to 16 that run for at least 2 weeks or 10 days across the summer holidays.
Trips can be funded if they are "educational and motivational".
Preference is given to:
- "small local playschemes that provide a wide-ranging programme of activities
- schemes that involve a large number of children
- schemes catering for those from disadvantaged backgrounds or that have a disability
- schemes that are inclusive such as projects that work with children from a range of backgrounds, abilities and race
- schemes where past users are encouraged to come back and help as volunteers"
Please read the guidance notes, before completing the application form.
The deadline for applications is 7 April 2017.
Telephone Karin Hooper on 0207 410 0330.