Small local companies, national organisations and individuals are all approached for sponsorship funding.
Some things to consider before you ask for sponsorship:
- Do you have similar values and aims?
- What can you offer in return (e.g. information, access to services, publicity)?
- Target your requests and follow up with a polite phone call.
- If you are a small group, think local first.
- Sponsorship could be goods or services instead of cash.
- When you ask for help, focus on the benefit to the person or company you want money or in kind support from.
Want to find out more? Take a look at our top tips for sponsorship. The BIG Lottery Fund has written an in-depth guide to corporate sponsorship called Future Funding
Only got 5 minutes? Take a look at this 5 minute fundraiser video from the Institute of Fundraising - an introduction to corporate fundraising (including, but not limited to sponsorship):